question about psx_example_3 results

Matthew Grosso mgrosso-rtems at mattgrosso.com
Wed Mar 24 07:14:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

After looking at the code for psx_example_3 in test3.c, I expected to
see the output from this printf in the second lower priority task:

  printf(" <child>: Hello World! Task with lowest priority ");

but I didnt. The full output was ...

<main> Enter in the main
Creating first task
<child>: Hello World! task with max priority
The task is coming to enter in a timed wait
First Task created
Creating second task
Second task created
<main> Out of the main
The task is coming out from the timed wait

EXECUTIVE SHUTDOWN! Any key to reboot...

Before I file a bug, is there some common way of miscompiling that could
cause this?

Target platform is the gumstix verdex, cpu is the pxa270, an xscale arm.
Host is my gentoo linux box, tools are:

$ /bin/ls -1 *tar*
binutils-2.20.tar.bz2
gcc-core-4.4.2.tar.bz2