about autoconf >= 2.64

Tue Mar 2 17:21:10 UTC 2010

On 03/02/2010 10:58 AM, pierre kestener wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu 9.10, autoconf was updated
> from 2.63 to 2.64, and I noticed that some of the configure script are
> not well generated anymore in RTEMS source tree.

The autoconf version is tied to the RTEMS version. For
hosts we provide binaries on, automake/autoconf is included
in the RTEMS toolset.  Updating autotools can break things
so we tend not to update it on release branches.  You can see
this by the latest (or terminal) autoconf RPM for each release
branch.

rtems-4.6-autoconf-rtems-2.59-0.noarch
rtems-4.7-autoconf-2.60-4.el5.noarch
rtems-4.8-autoconf-2.61-7.el5.noarch