"lost network connection" from rtems_bsdnet_do_dhcp_failsafe()

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Mar 5 09:04:14 UTC 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 5:53 , Chris Johns wrote:

> I made some changes in this code recently. Would you be able to roll back a version of the DHCP code and see if the problem goes away ?

I won't be at that site until Monday.  I don't see changes to the *dhcp* files that I think would fix it.  I updated and rebuilt from the tree as of March 2 10:30 EST to verify the problem was still there, prior to that the release I was using was built on February 10 (I don't know when it was CVSd, I guess if I untar the installation there must be some way to see).

I switched from the "failsafe()" version to the regular version and as expected all seems well.

I can look at this some at the start of next week.  Can anyone give me a "works fine for me on head" statement, though?  This is on an MPC55xxEVB derived work-in-progress.

Peter