Eurotech ISIS

Tue Mar 9 23:00:20 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 04:40 PM, Matt Rippa wrote:
> Hi Joel -
>
> Thanks. I was hoping for this kind of answer. I haven't used
> rtems on this architecture before. I'd like to boot RTEMS from
> flash if possible and use an ATA disk or PXE as backup.

That should be possible.  I assume you can install
grub on it somehow and then just copy RTEMS onto
that.  But this is always the type of thing that is easy
to describe and the devils in the details of implementing.

Booting via PXE is a known quantity and easy to do.

Booting from hard disks using grub is also.

So it is just a matter of working out the details with
your Flash.
> The NIC is an Intel 82551IT. It's interfaced to the PCI bus
> provided by the Tundra Tsi381 PCIe/PCI bridge.

We would have to know the PCI Id to be sure but
i82551 is supported in the libbsdport.  I used it
on a Winsystem board myself.

FWIW helping work out these type of details is
what we do using the RTEMS Application Assistance
arrangement.  Works well for solving specific issues
on demand.

--joel