Virtual machine installation issue.

Alin Rus alin.codejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:04:48 UTC 2010

On 05/07/2010 03:09 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 06:48 AM, Alin Rus wrote:
>> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Joel
>> Sherrill<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

>>> I created the image on Windows using whatever what the
>>> current VirtualBox version at the time. I was using 3.1.4 but
>>> after hearing complaints (from you?) on irc yesterday that it
>>> didn't work in 3.1.6, I upgraded. It did not restore the
>>> state and I had to reset the virtual machine.
>>>
>>> After the virtual machine rebooted, it was fine.
>>>
>>> I know some people tried it on Ubuntu and ran into some issue
>>> but I think they resolved it. Maybe one of them will speak up.
>>>
>>> --joel

>> I tried the image on Ubuntu (10.04), didn't work for me. I used the
>> virtualbox-ose package from the repo and the virtualbox package from
>> sun's repo.
>>
> Did we confirm the md5sum on the image was the same?
>
> Did you configure it to use Intel NIC?
>
> I know we bounced back and forth a lot but I don't remember
> what all we tried.
>> The solution was to download a fedora image for vmware player from
>> thoughtpolice or install fedora on your hard drive.
>>
>> Cheers

I don't remember what was the conclusion I ended up installing fedora on
the my hard drive.

I just found a couple of screenshots and a log file regarding the image
issues

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1287255/untitled%20folder%203/Screenshot-rtems%20%5BRunning%5D%20-%20Sun%20VirtualBox-1.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1287255/untitled%20folder%203/Screenshot-rtems%20%5BRunning%5D%20-%20Sun%20VirtualBox.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1287255/untitled%20folder%203/rtems-2010-03-19-22-23-40.log