RTEMS as a PLC?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 14 06:27:27 UTC 2010

Aaron,

Am 14.05.2010 00:40, schrieb Aaron J. Grier:
> this is a long-shot, but has anybody out there done any investigation of
> implementing IEC 61131(-3) on RTEMS to create a programmable logic
> controller?  RTEMS seems like it would be suitable to handle both a
> hard-real-time PLC loop in addition to human-machine-interface duties.

at least one of our customer is using a commercial PLC package running
in an RTEMS task. They are using CoDeSys as the PLC component, see:

http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?de_homepage

Another suitable product may be "logicals".

http://www.logicals.com/index.php?lang=EN

I am not aware of an open source product for this.

And the two examples are just arbitrarily picked.

wkr,
Thomas.

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9