RTEMS on openhatch.org

Wed May 19 00:00:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

OpenHatch.org is a site which is intended to
hook up people who are interested in contributing
to free software projects with projects who
want contributors. There is an emphasis on bringing
new people in so projects from our "Easy List"
might be relevant.

Any suggestions on what to include in these answers.

    *

            *Q:* I'd like to participate. How do I begin?

            [X] <http://openhatch.org/+projects/RTEMS#> Add an answer
                +

                  *Tip*:

                  Talk about diverse kinds of contributions. Include
                  URLs if relevant (we'll automatically linkify them).

                +

                  *Examples*:

                  Here's how to download and patch our codes…

                  Read about our death-defying mailing list and
                  momentous IRC channel at http://lobstermag.net.

    *

            *Q:* Other than writing code, how can I contribute?

            [X] <http://openhatch.org/+projects/RTEMS#> Describe a task
            Further info
                +

                  *Tip*:

                  Discuss documentation, testing, webmastering, and/or
                  publicity.

                  Include URLs if relevant (we'll automatically linkify
                  them).

                +

                  *Example*:

                  We need people to download version 0.4.5 and make sure
                  the frobulator still frobulates correctly.

    *

            *Q:* What's a good bug for a newcomer to tackle?

            [X] <http://openhatch.org/+projects/RTEMS#> Describe an issue
            Further info
                +

                  *Tip*:

                  Many projects have good small tasks that can teach
                  newcomers how the project works. Now's your chance to
                  share one of them!

                  Include URLs if relevant (we'll automatically linkify
                  them).

                +

                  *Example*:

                  Someone could improve the photo upload dialog box so
                  that it lets you resize the photo before sending it to
                  the web.

    *

            *Q:* What is a bug or issue with *RTEMS* that you've been
            putting off, neglecting, or just plain avoiding?

            [X] <http://openhatch.org/+projects/RTEMS#> Describe an issue
            What makes this issue stressful?
                +

                  *Examples*:

                  I don't know how to get started with
                  internationalizing my app.

                  Bug 392 about printing was filed five years ago, and I
                  don't even know if printing still works.

                  I want help from a C coder writing a Maildir patch for
                  Alpine.

                +

                  *Note*:

                  If this issue was formally filed on the web, be sure
                  to include the URL.

* What else do you want to talk about?
<http://openhatch.org/+projects/suggest_question/?project__pk=2166> *