blackfin bf537ezlite bsp

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:04:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 13:16, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>  On 11/02/2010 12:02 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>>
>>> it depends on how you look at it.  they use exactly the same PCB, but
>>> the ezkit has some audio codecs populated on the board.  if you dont
>>> want that crap, then the stamp is an "enhanced" version because it's
>>> cheaper.
>
> Then this sounds VERY VERY much like a BSP variant.  Is the
> core of the board is the same, then the board name came
> used in configure.ac to trigger building specific features.

not really.  i highly doubt RTEMS has an audio stack let alone codec
drivers for the parts that are on the board.  so if you ignore those,
the software is exactly the same.

however, on the off chance RTEMS does support these codecs, it would
still need to dynamically detect whether the codecs are connected
(since the ezkit has switches to disconnect them from the
Blackfin/power).  in which case the BSP code would still be exactly
the same.
-mike