error at gdb sim

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:11:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 07:39, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 11/08/2010 01:33 PM, Eugene Shvets wrote:
>> I tried following the instructions at
>> http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start
>
> This page uses the SIS BSP with the GDB SPARC simulator.
>
>> ran gdb and executed
>> tar sim
>> load
>>  Then got an error
>> Starting program:
>> /opt/rtems-4.10/bfin-rtems4.10/bf537Stamp/lib/rtems-4.10/tests/ticker.exe
>> Unhandled instruction "CLI dregs" ... aborting
>> Illegal instruction
>> Is it normal, or does it indicate something went wrong through the
>> installation?
>
> You need a BSP that works with the GDB simulator.  It seems that bf537Stamp is
> not one of them.

the Blackfin GDB from http://blackfin.uclinux.org/ doesnt have any BSP
specific aspects to it.  it does have part specific info though
(BF537).

the error message indicates usage of a Blackfin GDB port from before
our complete rewrite to support a full operating mode.  i have no idea
how the RTEMS website source tree corresponds to the sources at
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/ or the FSF versions.  although the FSF
gdb does not yet support Blackfin parts which means any RTEMS tree has
been patching it in ...
-mike