Relative TFTP path resolution

Angus Gratton angus.gratton at anu.edu.au
Fri Nov 19 04:19:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 16:39 -0800, Eric Norum wrote:
> The TFTP filesystem is quite simple-minded -- it is a 'trivial' file transfer protocol after all :-)
> It was written to support simple bootstrapping applications.   Dealing with all the issues of '../' and chroot'd file systems was not handled.
> You're certainly welcome to fix this, but I'd recommend moving up to NFS for applications requiring more complex remote file access.

Thanks Eric. I had a quick look at hacking in ".." support, but instead
I've just rejigged my TFTP layout so it's no longer needed.

I was mostly just surprised that high-level path resolution issues like
".." were delegated to the individual filesystem layer, rather than
being resolved at the generic/abstract "VFS" layer.

Cheers,

Angus