How to build the Microwindows/Nano-X demos?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Nov 26 10:37:08 UTC 2010

On 11/25/2010 07:55 PM, johannes.schock at stiefelgmbh.de wrote:
> Hello,
>

> there was heavy rework at the driver level the last months within nanox.
>
> Do I understand right, that you use the current git head?
>
> Since I never built nanox with gnu tools I can't help in particular, but
> I suggest downloading the 0.92 source package via ftp.
>
> ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/
>
> As far as I know the 0.92 includes almost every patch before the driver
> rework.
[...]

Thanks for the hint.  Unfortunately is the RTEMS part in this release is
broken.  I was able to build the demos with the version in

http://code.google.com/p/rtems-nano-x/

after some manual fixes.  It works now with the Qemu simulator (I can play
minesweeper).  A connected mouse during startup leads to a crash (in Qemu or
RTEMS).

It seems we need some time to get RTEMS working with the recent Git master branch.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9