_init magic for c++ (on sparc64)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Nov 30 09:28:25 UTC 2010

On 11/30/2010 09:21 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, my commit
>
> 2010-11-29	Sebastian Huber<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>
>
> 	* libcsupport/src/newlibc_exit.c, score/src/threadhandler.c: Added
> 	support for .preinit_array, .init_array and .fini_array sections.
>
> was broken.  It seems that HAVE_INITFINI_ARRAY is defined for nearly all
> targets by Newlib,

The INIT_FINI magic is provided by GCC. newlib is supposed to pick it up
from GCC.

> but only few linker command files respect this.
Well, though init/fini initialization repeatedly had been subject to
issues in RTEMS history, I am having doubts on this claim.

> Apart from that, it seems the sparc64 tool chain is a bit unusual.  The crti.o
> and crtn.o files are normally provided by the tool chain and contain the init
> and fini sections.
I am inclined not to consider this to be unusual, but your observation
to be a bug somewhere in RTEMS sparc64 gcc/newlib port.

Ralf