Problems with IDE Eclipse + RTEMS CDT Plug-in

Евгений Савенко savenkoeugene at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:19:06 UTC 2010

Hello, all.

I have been learning the RTEMS and faced with first problem.  I
installed the plug-in and setup settings “Base path” and “BSP path” in
Window > Preferences > C/C++ > RTEMS, after I created new “C” project
and either setup settings “Base path” and “BSP path” in Project >
Properties > C/C++ Build > RTEMS.  Project doesn't compiled because
the Eclipse using the RTEMS-C-Compiler “/opt/rtems-4.8/bin/gcc” but
real the compiler for my platform is
“/opt/rtems-4.8/bin/<arch>-rtems4.8-gcc” and I can’t change this
setting,  however as the other settings: RTEMS-Linker, RTEMS-Assembler
etc.

I change field “Command” in  Project > Properties > C/C++ Build >
Settings > RTEMS-C-Compiler and press OK but “Command” doesn't change.
 I temporarily solved this problem by renaming the file
“<arch>--rtems4.8-gcc” on the “gcc”

I have tried Eclipse 3.5 and last release 3.6 and the same effect.

I use Linux Debian/lenny as a development platform and the RTEMS release 4.8.

Installation of pre-build tools and build of RTEMS completed succsesfully.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Eugene Savenko.