How to write into Flash Memory (JS28F640 J3D75)?

Detlef Rudolph runic at gmx.de
Mon Oct 18 13:15:13 UTC 2010

Hello list members,

before I say anything else, you should know that I am a beginner
with RTEMS and driver programming.

I have a LEON3 CPU programmed in FPGA. So my RTEMS is a rtems-4.10-mingw
"ready to use" descendant included in the GRTools from Gaisler Research.

My question is how to write into a flash memory from my program
during runtime, in this case a JS28F640 J3D75. Searching for an
example, I don't find something appropriate, but many concepts,
so I don't see yet the wood for the trees.

What is the "easiest or best" way to implement R/W Access to Flash
Memory?

 - Direct Access? What i have to use from RTEMS?

 - or use the Non-volatile Memory Driver? Seems to be only a Template
   which i have to feed to get real access?

 - what of using a File System?

 - have to implement Wear Leveling and PowerFailure Handling myself?
   Or exists "simple solutions" for these problems?

Under what circumstances I have to recompile RTEMS?

I am grateful for any suggestions.
Many regards, Detlef

PS: Source Examples would be fantastic. ;-)

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit