Google Code-In

Mon Oct 18 15:21:27 UTC 2010

  Hi

Google is sponsoring a project similar to GSOC
for students < university (e.g. 13-18 years old).
The appropriate tasks are appropriately scaled
back.

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/10/google-code-in-schools-out-codes-in.html

Specifically listed in the announcement are:

1. Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
2. Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
3. Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
4. Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of
high quality
5. Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
6. Training: Tasks related to helping others learn more
7. Translation: Tasks related to localization
8. User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user
interface design and interaction

Most of the RTEMS projects are probably beyond this
program but we already have a small projects page at
http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Small_Projects
which are some projects of the right scope.  A few
from that list are:

+ examples for the User's Guide
+ adding to the POSIX manual using opengroup.org
   as a resource (we have permission to do so)
+ Wiki infoboxes for BSPs.  Template is in place
   already.

I am looking for more ideas for appropriate
projects.  If we have enough, it may be worth
applying.  If not, then we have a longer list of
TODO's. :-D

Comments, ideas, etc.