(offlist) RE: Running the Bootstrap Script under MinGW

Sam Lost slostuk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 04:53:09 UTC 2010

Ok, I am still unable to compile the 4.10 code under MinGW.

I have followed the directions given (to the letter)

I have installed and reinstalled MinGW 16 times now, however I am still
unable to build.

I have attempted the following MinGW installers

mingw-get-inst-20100831.exe
mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe

however both give the same result.

 Using M4 1.4.14 I get the following error when attempting to run bootstrap

./c
./c/src/ada-tests
 is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:290: AC_CONFIG_FILESis expanded from...
configure.ac:57: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status:1
is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:290: AC_CONFIG_FILESis expanded from...
configure.ac:57: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
automake: autoconf failed with exit status: 1

This error repeats.

Using M4 1.4.7 I get the following error when attempting to run bootstrap

/usr/bin/m4: unrecongized option --gnu

I have am battling with this for 10 days now and I am still unable to
compile andI am starting to lose the will.

Regards

Sam