(offlist) RE: Running the Bootstrap Script under MinGW

Sam Lost slostuk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 18:20:14 UTC 2010

Granted I a new to all this however I have a basic question

The RTEMS documents direct the user use M4 1.4.7

I get the following error when attempting to run bootstrap

/usr/bin/m4: unrecongized option --gnu

and as one would expect when I type m4 --gnu I get the same error

 M4 1.4.14 I get the following error when attempting to run bootstrap

./c
./c/src/ada-tests
 is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:290: AC_CONFIG_FILESis expanded from...
configure.ac:57: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status:1
is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:290: AC_CONFIG_FILESis expanded from...
configure.ac:57: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
automake: autoconf failed with exit status: 1

This error repeats.

So which version of m4 should I use?

Regards

Sam