BSP for AT91SAM9263-EK

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Wed Sep 8 02:57:18 UTC 2010

On 2010-September-07, at 1:20 PM, Johannes Schock wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 07.09.2010, 14:13 -0500 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
>> On 09/07/2010 02:09 PM, Johannes Schock wrote:
>>> I use the termios system.
>>> I think the per character basis is caused by the print code used by
>>> Ticker. The code uses several printfs as putchars (buffer_test_io.h):
>>>

>> It is likely the macros that print the time and date being multiple
>> calls.
>>
>> -joel
>
> According to all your messages I think I can stop searching for bugs in
> my console code. It seems to be reasonable behaviour.
> BTW: Wouldn't this be a good possibility for me to use my first
> semaphore?

My BSP for the MCF5282 does exactly the same thing (since I like to do as much as possible using interrupts).

If you need the console to be non-interleaved, then treating it as a shared resource and using a semaphore would be appropriate (IMHO). Perhaps a wrapper around printk would be in order.

Andrei