posix message queues

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Sep 10 15:26:03 UTC 2010

On 09/10/2010 05:02 PM, Lisa A. Day wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm experiencing some oddities with the posix msqs, which I'm hopefully
> missing some simple tips to overcome (hopefully not missing the point
> all together) .
> 1)  In my app, the API is extremely picky about names - "/" plus 6
> characters -- only. Is this correct? I can deal with it, but it took
> some time to figure it out.

Which errno value do you observe in case your name is longer than that?

> 2) I can spawn mulitple threads from the POSIX_init process no problem,
> but I can't spawn a thread from one of its child processes. Is there a
> trick or caveat to accomplishing this?

We have only one process in RTEMS, but may have multiple tasks (or threads).
Which errno value do you observe? Check the CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_THREADS
configuration option.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/mqueue.h.html