How do I use rtems_termios_bufsize?! No doc!

João Rasta freakforever at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:00:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using rtems_termios_bufsize() to change the software RX/TX fifo size of
the UART. This is greatly affecting my application results however i haven't
been unable to understand how it works.

The only documentation i found was

rtems_status_code rtems_termios_bufsize (
  int cbufsize,     /* cooked buffer size */
  int raw_input,    /* raw input buffer size */
  int raw_output    /* raw output buffer size */
);

But this leaves me with some doubts:

1) Is the size in bytes? I guess it is, it's just to clarify.

2) What is the cooked buffer and what are the implications of
increasing/decreasing its size?

3) What are the maximum values i can use for the buffers sizes and the
implications of increasing it?

4) How are the default values set for these buffers if i don't use
rtems_termios_bufsize()?

5) My application hangs on a write() if i set raw_output to 1. But why?

Best,
JM