RTEMS GDB server

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Sep 22 22:59:45 UTC 2010

  On 09/22/2010 03:27 PM, rtwas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've asked this question (how to end up with a RTEMS GDB server)  twice
> in the period of a year.
> I'm curious to know why there is no response one way or the other from
> the mailing list (OarCorp or otherwise)
> on this issue?

There are so many types of gdbservers.  :-D

First any gdbserver will work with RTEMS.  It may just not
be thread-aware

There is the simple thread aware server in libbsp/.../ which
can be tailored to any CPU/BSP with just a serial port.

There is Till's task based server which can run over a serial
port or TCP/IP.

There is Chris' BDM work which is great for use with Coldfire's
and embedded m68ks.

So lots of options.  Just depends what you want to do and
what phase of the project you are at.  Different server setups
have different advantages and disadvantages.