How do I use rtems_termios_bufsize?! No doc!

João Rasta freakforever at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:01:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have checked the termios configuration again, it seems ok. No software
flow control, no canonical mode. Also the same configuration works fine on a
x86.

I'm using gaisler's console driver and when i opened the rtems driver file
it said this:

 *  WARNING:  In sis 1.6, it did not appear that the UART interrupts
 *            worked in a desirable fashion.  Immediately upon writing
 *            a character into the TX buffer, an interrupt was generated.
 *            This did not allow enough time for the program to put more
 *            characters in the buffer.  So every character resulted in
 *            "priming" the transmitter.   This effectively results in
 *            in a polled console with a useless interrupt per character
 *            on output.  It is reasonable to assume that input does not
 *            share this problem although it was not investigated.

So, can it be that some bytes are lost / not written to the hardware buffer
because each byte causes an interrupt?

Best,
JM