APBUART driver: open() always returns -1 ?!

João Rasta freakforever at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:05:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have been struggling to get the RTEMS APBUART driver to work with the
driver manager. I seem to be able to register the driver correctly because
when i do rtems_drvmgr_print_drvs() i get this:

 --- DRIVERS AND THEIR DEVICES ---
 DRV 0x4003cb08: AMBAPP_GRLIB_DRV
    |-> DEV: 0x40041f90 GRLIB AMBA PnP
 DRV 0x4003ca30: APBUART_DRV
    |-> DEV: 0x40042448 GAISLER_APBUART
    |-> DEV: 0x400426b0 GAISLER_APBUART

And there are no reported devices failed to initialize nor devices ignored
nor errors. However open("/dev/apbuart0",O_RDWR) allways returns -1. What
can i be missing?

Is there a way to view the active /dev/ device names using RTEMS calls? Or
is there a way to be sure that the driver has the devname i want?

Best,
JM