RTEMS 4.10 Autoconf tools

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 10 06:08:16 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 12:25 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 05:30 AM, Ian Caddy wrote:
>
>> It looks like the prebuilt mingw tools are out of sync with the 4.10
>> source.
>
> This conclusion is not correct.
>
> The prebuilt-tarballs below ftp.rtems.org://pub/rtems/mingw32 and the
> linux rpms below ftp.rtems.org://pub/rtems/linux are being built from
> identical sources and normally correspond to the current status of the
> corresponding rtems version.
>
> The packages below ftp.rtems.org://pub/rtems/windows are out of sync and
> effectively dead - Is it them you are trying to use?

Yes, as I explained in the top of the original thread, these were the
tools I was using, which I got from the Wiki:

> http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows

which points to the dead (as you explained windows tools).

This should probably be changed.

I will try again with the mingw directory that you pointed out.

Do you want me to change the wiki to point to the correct tools, or
maybe someone with more knowledge of the tools could do it?

>> We can built this bsp using Ubuntu where the tools were built in house
>> using all the RTEMS patches.
>
> Well, I don't know where you've got these packages from nor what they
> have been built from - You're on your own with Ubuntu.

Sure we understand that, I was trying to explain that it is the prebuilt
tools (for Mingw, based on the wiki) that were causing the problems, not
the ubuntu build which was working correctly.

regards,

Ian C.

--
Ian Caddy