BDPART Question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 5 14:47:39 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 04:38 PM, Kirspel, Kevin wrote:
> I trying to use the new BD partition manager in RTEMS.   I am using a
> compact flash card in my system as the removable storage device.  I
> registered and mounted the compact flash card and I was able to see all
> of the directories and files.  I then unmounted and unregistered the
> partition.  I removed the compact flash from the system and added a
> directory using windows XP.   I then reinserted the card into the
> system.  After registering and mounting the partition, the new directory
> does not show up.  As a side experiment, I unmounted/unregistered the
> partition, removed the compact flash from the system, and
> re-mounted/registered the partition (without the compact flash
> present).  It successfully mounted.  I assume that the MBR sectors are
> being cached as part of the BDBUF manager.  When a partition is
> unregistered, should the BDBUF cache be cleared so that the next
> register forces a read from the disk itself?

You insert and remove the disk on the fly without restarting the RTEMS system?
 Good luck.

Please have a look at the RTEMS media manager:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__RTEMSMedia.html

Some source code that does what you need:

http://www.rtems.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/cpukit/libblock/src/media.c?rev=1.3

Search for disk_detach_worker().

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH