bits/wordsize.h

Sebastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Thu Apr 14 15:53:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 17:35 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/14/2011 05:26 PM, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 17:20 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >> Well, then tell upstream that their sources are non-portable.
> > I was quite expecting such an answer...
> Well, it's the only appropriate answer to such requests.

Not really, as far as I'm concerned I prefer to get things done instead
of being overly cautious about standard compliance. Adding this header
would not break anything, would it?

> People need to
> learn that the world is bigger than "planet Linux" and that a lot of
> Linux's famed SW may suffer from portability isses.

Good luck with people like http://udrepper.livejournal.com/7326.html ...
(I'm not saying that Freetype upstream has this mentality, but it exists
in big GNU projects and you'll have to deal with that)

S.