Ethernet Layer communications

Brett Swimley brett.swimley at aedbozeman.com
Thu Apr 14 18:23:46 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm attempting to add Ethernet Layer communications to an interface, but I
am unsure if there is an API exposed for doing this in the current
networking stack.  I'm considering porting libpcap to RTEMS to accommodate
this, unless there's an easier way.

So I'm wondering:

Is there a way to both send and receive Ethernet layer packets with the
existing API and if not...

Has anyone ported libpcap to RTEMS?  I'm considering doing this, as the
licensing is BSD with no advertising clause, but if someone has already done
this, would they be willing to provide code for doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Brett Swimley