RTEMS evolution was .. Re: bits/wordsize.h

Wolfram Wadepohl Wolfram.Wadepohl at ek-automation.com
Wed Apr 20 05:36:59 UTC 2011

Networking stack:

I have the urgent need for a IPinIP tunnel in my future projects. Current
stacks from GNU/Linux or BSD support this directly. To get it done there
are several choices:

a) adding a raw socket i/f to current rtems stack and do the IPinIP myself
b) forcing the update of the networking stack to the current BSD one
c) changing the RTOS

1st choice from technical view is b). But b) has the highest risks, i. e.
cost, timeline, robustness.

My idea is a 'task force' for the update of the networking stack. My part,
to be precise the part of the company I work for, could be funds (partly),
manpower in programming and testing (not much experience with the BSD stack
internals) and project management (very experienced but not in community
projects).

The question is who else is willing to push this effort and will join the
task force?

--
Wolfram Wadepohl, Forschung & Entwicklung
E&K AUTOMATION GMBH, Werk Reutlingen