bsp_delay.... Question

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Apr 25 16:49:45 UTC 2011

Joel,

without looking into the existing implementations: I would prefer to
have nanoseconds as a base unit. If we think about systems in the 1GHz
range, having a resolution of 1000 CPU clocks seems a bit outworn to me.

wkr,

Thomas.

Am 25.04.2011 18:02, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some BSPs have a bsp_delay method.  This is
> a short duration spinner.  We think it is in
> microsecond units but have no idea for sure
> and it could vary by BSP.
>
> Jennifer and I would like to formalize the
> definition of this.  And standardize it across
> BSPs.  So if it is available, it is safer to
> use. Questions are
>
> + OK to make a standard BSP method?
> + Microseconds unit?
>
> If it is not available, what should the stub do?
>
> Should we have bsp_delay_usecs() and bsp_delay_nsecs?
>
> Comments appreciated!  Please

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler        Obere Lagerstrasse 30
D-82178 Puchheim       Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9