bits/wordsize.h

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Apr 14 15:35:08 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 05:26 PM, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 17:20 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Well, then tell upstream that their sources are non-portable.
> I was quite expecting such an answer...
Well, it's the only appropriate answer to such requests. People need to
learn that the world is bigger than "planet Linux" and that a lot of
Linux's famed SW may suffer from portability isses.

> But in practice just everyone is using Linux, so having Linux software
> that "just works" without having to point fingers all the time at who
> has not closely stuck to POSIX is a big plus for RTEMS.
Then you will want to try one of the BSD, mingw or a commercial Unix.
The only other OS but Linux I am aware of having bits/wordsize.h is cygwin.

Ralf