bits/wordsize.h

Gedare Bloom gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Apr 14 17:18:53 UTC 2011

RTEMS strives to be standards compliant, which keeps software
development "easier" on RTEMS. Non-standard features and OS APIs do
enter RTEMS, e.g. rate monotonic scheduling or various BSD subsystems
(which are re-wrapped by rtems apis).

Unfortunately, Linux is (almost) entirely pure GPL, so it is
infeasible for RTEMS to provide Linux adapters, libraries, or headers
for applications to deploy.  So, as suggested before, look for a BSD
fix, and maybe it can be imported to RTEMS.

Otherwise, applications that are not standards compliant need to ship
with their own copies of the non-portable interfaces/code.

-Gedare