rtems++ test stub, how to compile it?

Mogens Dybæk Christensen MogensD.Christensen at man.eu
Tue Aug 9 14:55:56 UTC 2011

From: Chris Johns [mailto:chrisj at rtems.org]
Sent: 9. august 2011 00:21
To: Mogens Dybæk Christensen
Cc: rtems-users at rtems.org
Subject: Re: rtems++ test stub, how to compile it?

On 9/08/11 1:12 AM, Mogens Dybæk Christensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to this list, but could not find anything relevant in the archives.
>
> rtems4.10.0/c/src/librtems++ contains a small C++ wrapper, that partly
> maps the classic API into C++ classes.
>
> The teststub is in rtems4.10.0/testsuites/libtest/rtems++. - Till now we
> have not succeeded in building the teststub.
>
> It appears not to be known by the makefiles, even if we specify all
> tests to be built.
>
> What is the hint? Is this obsolete code?

Try adding "--enable-cxx --enable-tests=samples" to the configure
command line.

Chris
---

Thanks Chris, but it does not work. :-)

A lot of teststubs in i386-rtems4.10/c/testsuites are built, but not this one.

Environment settings:
export TARGET=i386-rtems4.10

export SRC_DIR=$TOPDIR/downloads
export BUILD_DIR=/opt/rtems_src
export LOCAL_PATCH_DIR=$TOPDIR/MAN_patches

export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.10/bin:${PATH}

Compile commands:
mkdir -p $BUILD_DIR/b-rtems-testing$TARGET
cd $BUILD_DIR/b-rtems-testing$TARGET
$BUILD_DIR/rtems-4.10.0/configure --enable-rtems-debug \
	--target=$TARGET --enable-posix \
	--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.10 \
	--enable-networking --enable-cxx \
	--enable-rtemsbsp="pc386" --enable-maintainer-mode \
      --enable-tests=samples

I have also tried enable-tests=yes. Same result.

Our build scripts are based upon a step by step description for Ubuntu on the wiki.

/Mogens