Is Ubuntu now supported?

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Tue Aug 16 14:39:45 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 04:30 PM, Steven Grunza wrote:
> I just noticed
> ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/ubuntu/dists/natty/rtems4.11/
> on the RTEMS site.  Is Ubuntu going to be supported going forward or is
> this a one-time deal?
Whether Ubuntu packages for the toolchains will be built in the future
or not, you can still compile the toolchains yourself :
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Building_the_RTEMS_toolset_on_Ubuntu

> The Wiki page at http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/APT/Yum_Repository
> mentions the rtems-BRANCH-apt-conf-VERSION-DISTRIBUTION.noarch.rpm which
> doesn't seem to exist.
>
> The Wiki page at  http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Debian_and_Ubuntu
> mentions using the alien package to convert the RedHat .rpm files into
> debian packages.
Indeed you can convert rpm packages to .deb, but .deb are available at
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/ubuntu/pool/rtems4.11/r/

> Seems like there are now (sort of) three ways to get RTEMS packages into
> a Ubuntu system.  I've Google'd around looking for details about RTEMS
> on Ubuntu; if I missed something please point me to it.

If by three ways you mean

1°) Install the .deb
2°) Convert .rpm to .deb and then install the .deb
3°) Compile your own toolchain from sources

I guess it's correct.

Regards,

--
Yann Sionneau