RTEMS , SD Card and Files Systems

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 3 10:41:59 UTC 2011

On 3/08/11 6:36 PM, Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have been playing around with an SD-Card on RTEMS.
>
> I have some basic questions ...
>
> Can we use RFS (RTEMS File System) instead Fat32 / DOSFS
> on an SD-Card?

The RFS is a faster file system than DOSFS and scales better. DOSFS
allows an SD-card to be move to any host machine and accessed which is a
big plus.

> What is the advantage of RFS over DosFS?

The file system is more complete fast and scales.

> Is there any equivalent of chkdsk in Rtems?

I ported something a while go but I think it is gpl. Is in here:

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/file-system/rfs-20110315.tar.bz2

Chris