DOSFS and the short and Long file names.

Nasir, Aliasgar ( SBU-ETS ) aliasgar.nasir at igatepatni.com
Fri Aug 5 06:10:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

I did not fully understand your below statement.

This is the RTEMS implementation and it should change. The ares of code is 'cpukit/libfs/src/dosfs/msdos_misc.c' about line 1429. If you add a test of the long file being made suitable short file name characters and
8.3 then you could copy the long file name with an uppercase convert to the short file name.

Do you mean that if the file name is mixed case, then we should first verify if it satisfies the 8.3 criteria. If it meets the 8.3 criteria, then we should not call the below function at line 1429: msdos_short_name_hex(MSDOS_DIR_NAME(name_dir_entry), slot);

Meaning, if the file name is say New.txt (which is a mix of both cases and also satisfies the 8.3 criteria), then the above function should not be called. Am I right?

Regards,
Ali