RTEMS Developers List is available.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Dec 3 21:54:14 UTC 2011

On 3/12/11 4:25 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> A step, you apparently executed without informing the RTEMS SC in
> advance and without letting the SC having decided upon this step.

As others have noted the discussion happened in public. I see no reason
for the SC being involved.

> A step, I vehemently disagree withand a step I vehemently disagree with
> how it was done.

The whole process has taken place in public and I assumed anyone on the
SC would be prepared to make any comments publicly. It is just a mailing
list we are discussing.

I started the process of a new list for a few reasons. The most
important is the need to provide a mailing list for review of patches
before committing. This became important because you requested, and it
was agreed, that Gedare be given commit after review, something this
project has never had. We have no defined procedure or protocol for
commit access in this way. No one stepped up to resolve this situation
so I started this process. Without this happening Gedare was given
something he did not know how to use. We should being doing everything
we can to welcome and encourage new committers to RTEMS.

Chris