MPC5634M starting point

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Fri Dec 30 20:38:17 UTC 2011

Hey all,

A while back I got a hand from Chris to get started with the MC68332, then Eric Norum helped me get a BSP going for the Axiom CML5282, again 68K based.

Now I am getting going on one of Freescale's MPC5634M StarterTRAK dev board. It uses a PPC with hardware floating point.

I am currently using RTEMS 4.9.4 on a windows VM using MINGW/MSYS. I didn't move up to 4.10 yet, since it wasn't stable when I was working on that project.

To get the basics going I used:

cd powerpc
../rtems-4.9.4/configure --target=powerpc-rtems4.9 \
--disable-itron \
--enable-posix \
--enable-rtemsbsp='mpc55xx' \
--enable-networking \
--disable-tests \
--prefix /c/opt/src/rtems/powerpc

make all install

since I figured that a 55xx would be within a million miles. This is basically the same command that I use to set up for the m68k based BSPs (with appropriate changes of parameters of course).

For some odd reason it looks like the 55xx BSP wasn't installed properly, since it didn't compile the libraries for a couple of hours.

It also looks like the distribution has the mpc55xx BSP and mpc55xxevb, but it looks like portions are missing.

Is there someone using either the 5632M or a 55xx that can suggest a better config command to get started?

Sorry that I'm not as concise and complete as you might hope, my first language isn't German :-)

Andrei