EL6 RPMs for Fedora 14 Issue

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Dec 22 12:09:37 UTC 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 6:49 , Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> CentOS is a server distro, which is aiming at "long term API stability".
> In general, it's a good choice to run a web-server or a data base server
> on it, but is a bad choice for development purposes.

I would have agreed until I found the EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux) packages.  Centos/Epel may not be good for working on the head, but it is good for working on products, and with the EPEL packages I've only had to build a few things myself.  That's also why it's on a virtual machine.

I'm probably going to be stuck with two development environments.  The above, for working on products, and Fedora for extending RTEMS itself.

Peter