ROS port to RTEMS ?

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Thu Feb 10 20:03:05 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

What would you think about a port of ROS to the RTOS RTEMS ?

As you may know, the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is in its
starting-blocks [1], the RTEMS project [2] has just launched a call for
Open Projects [3] in order to add some more items to the list of doable
projects for the GSoC.

I thought it would be a good idea to port ROS to RTEMS since you seem to
all run ROS under Linux, or Linux-rt or even Windows.

I don't know if ROS is planning in applying to be an organization part
of the GSoC 2011, but RTEMS definitely is.

So maybe it can be a RTEMS project, or a ROS project :)

I just wanted to know your opinion on this question !

[1] -
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/01/google-summer-of-code-announced-at-lca.html
[2] - http://www.rtems.org/
[3] - http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2011/february/msg00034.html