RES: RTEMS Application building

Thu Feb 17 13:35:57 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 07:17 AM, Wendell Pereira da Silva wrote:

> Hi Padmakumar,
>
> The hello.exe generated after make is actually a image which contains
> the RTEMS kernel and the application statically linked. So it won’t
> work this way.
>
> Instead, you will need to boot it up. I suggest running it by using
> QEMU. Follow this <http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/QEMU> is a good
> start.

And to follow up, the "rtems-testing" CVS module has scripts and helper
files for simulators.  See the directory qemu-support for a floppy image
which
automatically boots a file from a virtual hard drive.  This plus the
script "pc386" in that module will help you.  Then...

pc386 -i XXX.exe

The -i is for interactive rather than the default which is to log output
to a file.

--joel