Build Failure with 4.10 lm32

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Feb 18 05:03:51 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 05:52 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 18/02/11 1:38 PM, Graham Henderson wrote:
>> "When asked to install the build tools, I guess it means ALL the build
>> tools. I installed the automakeand autoconf from
>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/cygwin/4.10/, re-executed bootstrap,
>> configure and make. Given my new-found confidence, I may attempt this
>> under MinGW."
>
> Excellent. I have found building autoconf and automake and installing
> from source for MinGW to be the best solution. When I made an installer
> exe for MinGW a while ago this is what I got the installer to do. I seem
> to remember some paths being set in the autoconf or automake tools based
> on the build system and not the host system and this broke a MinGW
> cross-autotools.

The issue you recall is mingw shipping an obsolete version of perl,
which would be suitable for submission to a computer museum (ca. 10
years old).

This once had caused issues with cross-building automake, causing the
rtems.org automake packages to be unusable on MinGW.
However, this is supposed to be fixed now and therefore should not be an
issue anymore.

Finally, a general reoccuring issue with both mingw and cygwin is them
shipping an autoconf-wrapper script, which is causing a lot of issues
all over the place - My recommendation: Deinstall it, it's dysfunctional.

Ralf