Anyone using DMA with PCI<->VME Tsi148 bridge?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Feb 24 00:44:58 UTC 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 6:53 , Till Straumann wrote:

> Sure - I wrote this not just for fun ;-)
>
> I'll send you off-line the relevant file of a driver that
> uses VME DMA...

It works just fine.  In my VME application I don't do any PIO, I have a 10KHz set of chained DMA transfers that do all output followed by all input, keeping the VME traffic perfectly predictable, everything is read and written even when it doesn't need to be.

There's a custom board that drives the data collection, and it delays its DTACK until the start of the next frame, so that application is driven by a semaphore posted by the DMA driver's "DMA DONE" ISR.

Peter