UIF toolkits for RTEMS on Arm7 and Arm9

Mon Feb 14 16:28:39 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 10:22 AM, Kirchner, Ralf wrote:
> Hi All,
> We are currently trying to find out which UIF toolkits we might use for graphical displays of future products in our company.
>
> We have two different targets in mind:
> 1.
> An Arm9 target for which we don't know yet how much RAM and FLASH it will have, but very likely it will have a flash file system.
> The display will be a colour LCD with touch screen. The exact size of the display is yet to be determined.
>
> 2.
> An Arm7 target with 2MB of FLASH and 4MB of RAM without a flash file system. The display is a 320x240 pixel colour LCD with touch screen.
>
> For both targets the software runs from external RAM.
>
> The license of the UIF toolkit should make sure that we do not need to publish our core sources (thus for example no GPL if statically linked).
>
> Ideally we would like to use the same UIF toolkit for both targets.
>
> The programming language for using the UIF toolkit should be C or C++.
>
> In both cases the UIF will be the only part of the application. Thus it should be possibly to run the UIF with relatively low priority and have sufficient processing time left for other tasks.
>
> Do you possibly know of any UIF toolkits which have already been ported to RTEMS and could be used for our targets?
>
> Do you possibly know of UIF toolkits which could get ported with a reasonable effort and would run on our targets?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints
There are multiple options out there for embedded GUIs.
The rtems-graphics-toolkit is based on Microwindows/Nano-X
and includes support for jpeg, tiff, and png graphics as
well as Adobe Type 1 and Truetype fonts.

This is in cvs as rtems-graphics-toolkit.  I was testing it last
week on pc386 but I have seen the demos run on arm board
of similar horsepower.