Is there any change on interrupt catch between RTEMS 4.9.4 and 4.10.0?

Mon Feb 21 19:19:00 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 01:01 PM, Filipe Cividanes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recompiled and run two simple applications, thet use ISRs to
> manage a console/terminal interface.
>
> The BSP is SPARC/SIS. Both applications run successfully on RTEMS
> 4.9.4, but not on 4.10.0. They simply stop running just after
> 'rtems_interrupt_catch' is called for the UART A. In fact, it seems
> that they stop on the first 'printf' after the interrupt catch.
>
> Does anyone have noticed this behavior? Has something changed on
> interrupt catch between 4.9.4 and 4.10.0? Could be something new on
> gcc's printf for the SPARC architecture?

There are no interrupt changes.

The console driver was rewritten between 4.9 and 4.10.   It is possible
something slipped through the testing.  You probably should compare the
two console drivers with a view toward the mode you are using.

2010-04-27      Tiemen Schut <T.Schut at sron.nl>

         PR 1506/bsps
         * console/console.c: Removed.
         * console/erc32_console.c: New file.  Use shared console driver.
         Make sure interrupt support works.  PPPD confirmed on sis.
         * Makefile.am: Reflect changes above.