Sebastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Fri Feb 25 18:16:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 18:51 +0100, Till Straumann wrote:
> I had a look at this but I'm at a point where I give up.
>
> It was straightforward to get the stuff to work somehow
> on QEMU (using GNU BFD) but I found that the BSP and even
> lm32-gcc are plagued with bugs. I could load a trivial object file
> compiled from C but my C++ tests failed.
>
> I found that even statically linking the C++ stuff crashed
> and inspecting the assembly code it seems that gcc emits
> bad code.

I have never successfully got C++ stuff to work on LM32. I have tried
compiling Qt4, but I have also run into what looked like corrupted code
problems and I suspect this comes from GCC bugs.

LM32 GCC is indeed in a bad state. I'm even trying to fix that right now
- at the time, the SVN head does not even build.

> One more caveat: the milkymist console driver does currently
> not support termios which means that no line-editing features
> are available with the shell which is a real pain.

A few months ago, I rewrote this driver in the Git repository and it now
does support termios. The initial one was based on the lm32_evr port
which has other issues like this... and its author does not seem willing
to fix them.

S.