Quick featgure and distrp query

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 17 13:08:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 01/17/2011 01:54 PM, Toby Mole wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I am considering using RTEMS in a new project and needed to get some
> concrete answers to a few quick questions.
>
> . Does RTEMS support I2C? by default?

no, you need a driver for this.  If such a driver is already available depends
on the BSP (board support package).

> . Will it run on ARM 7 - ARM 9 cheaper processors?

Yes, in fact these are currently the only one supported in the ARM family.  We
have no Cortex support yet.  The LPC2400 and LPC3200 family from NXP is well
supported.

> . Also is there a recommended Linux desktop to use for working with RTEMS?
>  I am most familiar with Ubuntu, but guessing there may be a more
> suitable distro available.

I guess it is easier with RPM based distributions, but you can also install
RPMs on Debian based systems.

Have a nice day!

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH