Status of Networking Driver Milkymst One BSP

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Tue Jan 25 08:45:13 UTC 2011

Le 25/01/11 05:20, Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas a écrit :

>> for TCP tests you have the "milkymist_networking" test inside the
>> testsuites/samples of my git repository.
>>

> Yes i'm aware of it
>> You can find informations about how to run those tests (at least on
>> Qemu) on this page : http://www.milkymist.org/wiki/index.php?title=Run_RTEMS_sample_applications_on_the_Milkymist_One_board_and_on_Qemu
>
> I'm not usign Qemu atm, as i got a MM1 Board i'm working all on real
> hardware, is this code just tested to work on qemu??

Some of it has been tested on real hardware, I don't think it is the
case for the telnetd test.
Anyway did you test the flickernoise application ?
It has a telnet shell too, and it is proven to be working.

>> You can do a telnet and get a RTEMS shell.
>>
>> I can find no reason why it wouldn't work on the board, so you can
>> test those tests on the board too and let me know what happens :)
> Sorry tell again. but my test was not sucefull
>
> I flashed the board with the generated:
>
>    milkymist_networking.fbi

I don't know this file format, when I developped this sample testsuite I
was sending it to the board through the serial line (at boot time the
bios waits for a program to be sent), and I was sending the .ralf file IIRC.
Or the .exe but after doing with some lm32-objcopy -Obinary

Anyway your method seems to be working since you get the serial output.

> It booted ok as this log show:
>
> *** MILKYMIST NETWORKING TEST by Yann Sionneau ***
> == Initializing Network ==
> == Add Route ==
> Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire
> Interface
> default         192.168.101.254    UGS         0        0      0
> minimac0
> 192.168.101.0   255.255.255.0      U           0        0      1
> minimac0
> f92.168.101.254                    UHSLt a r t i n g   r t1e m s S h e l
> l  0v i a   t e l1n emtidn i-m-a cd0e
> /a=u=l tS taacrctoiunngt  tiesl nrettedm s= =w
>   no password
>               Device: /dev/pty0../dev/pty7 (8)pseudo-terminals
> 	     registered.
> 	     		telnetd started with stacksize = 81920 and priority = 100
>
> The conection is just made between my Laptop and the MM1 board.
>
> The laptop ip is 192.168.101.2

It should be OK, the board IP address is 192.168.101.100

> You can check the graphical out from wireshark here [1] or get the
> captured filed from here [2].
>
> Resuming i always got a ARP package when the board boots ! (good)
> I get ICMP reply if i ping it (we're close !)
> But telnet, as you can see just SYN, no ACKs... and a later on my comand
> line a Connection timed out.
>
> Hope this helps !
>
> I will be glad found that something is wrong, but is a shame i cant
> telnet to the board yet :/.

Wish you luck !