RTEMS Wiki Spammed and Changes

Thu Jan 27 17:58:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Starting in 21 January, there was an influx
of spam accounts which added pages to the
RTEMS wiki.  I have manually deleted about
50 spam pages and blocked about 50 spam
accounts.

To counter this in the future, I have installed
a Mediawiki extension which requires email
confirmation of accounts, a bit more manual
entry when getting an account, and adds a
final step where an admin has to approve
the account after the email is confirmed.

Hopefully I have killed all the spam users
and pages and the extension will prevent this
in the future.  If you see any issues or spam
pages I didn't delete, please contact me.