Windows/MinGW

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Jan 7 17:23:19 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 12:50 PM, juliana padilha wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We've successfully installed RTEMS under Windows/MinGW. Our target is
> ERC32/SIS. However, we've discovered that there is no SIS on this build.

Correct, it is still disabled.

> I've found this 2008' discussion on the mailing list:
> http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2008/march/msg00099.html.
>
> Basically, it is said that SIS is really not included, and woudn't be
> without someone working on it. Is there any update on this issue?

These issues still persist.

In a nutshell: The sis/erc32 simulators don't compile on MinGW, because
MinGW doesn't provide the necessary syscalls these simulators are based on.

Somewhat longer version:
  These simulators apply fcntl but MinGW doesn't have this function.

=> What would be required to be done in an initial step would be to
either implement fcntl into MinGW or to rewrite gdb's erc32/sis
simulators in such a way they don't requires fcntl.

Ralf