Compiling the RTEMS HEAD

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jan 28 09:32:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 28.01.2011 08:48, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 01/28/2011 07:43 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>> On 28/01/11 1:50 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> On 01/28/2011 01:52 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>> In general, yes, a project needs to _define_ "a lowest common
>>> denominator platform" for its code. What this lowest common denominator
>>> is, is widely scalable.
>>>

>> Windows 95 ? ;)
> Yes. combined with Turbo-C, this would make a nice candidate.
>
> I'd personaly favor VMS+VAX-C87 - The worst platform, I ever had to use
> (pre-c89 ANSI C with incomplete and often broken libc).

If we want to go this way, I still have an alternative:

A MC68000 system with CP/M68k and MI-C compiler (vanilla K&R, identifier
length limited to 8 characters, because the underlying assembler can't
handle more...)

;-)

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler        Obere Lagerstrasse 30
D-82178 Puchheim       Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9